PHYSIOTHERAPY - WE OFFER A HOLISTIC APPROACH IN THE ASSESSMENT AND CARE OF YOUR CONDITIONS
About Fransien Rossouw Physiotherapist
Fransien Rossouw completed her BSc. Physiotherapy honours degree at Stellenbosch University in 2009, and she is today a registered member of the South African Society of Physiotherapy (SASP), the Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA), and the Orthopeadic Manipulative Physiotherapy Group (OMPTG).
In 2010, after her community service year in Ladysmith (Natal) she started working at Miller & Associates Physiotherapy in Melkbosstrand. During the five years she worked there, she gained invaluable knowledge and experience relating to rehabilitation of movement, Pilates, orthopaedic manual therapy and chronic pain education.
In 2012 she completed the Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy (OMT) course. She did her case study on chronic cervicogenic headaches (headaches originating from various anatomical structures in the neck), which is a special area of interest to her.
Fransien has since also developed a keen interest and love for amputee rehabilitation, and she uses her knowledge of Pilates-based rehabilitation, kinetic handling and biomechanics principles to help rehabilitate amputees.
Courses and lectures attended over the years:
- Dry Needling (Optimal Dry Needling Solutions)
- Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy (5 modules - Various lecturers)
- Tanya Bell Upper Quarter (Tanya Bell-Jenje)
- Golf Mechanics (Dave Bensted-Smith)
- TMJ and Sinus Pain Course (Dr D Lintonbon)
- Neuro Proprioceptive Taping (Ian Sykes)
- Pilates Mat Work (Healthy Living Education)
- Myofascial Release (Barbara McCrea / Mandy Williams)
- Compensation Strategies in Lumbo-Pelvic Pain Patients (Dr A Pool Goudswaardt)
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (Dr J De Beer)
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (Dr L Ashberg)
- Kyphosis – The Neglected Deformity (Dr U Hähnle)
- Teaching Patients about Pain in the Clinic (Adriaan Louw)
- Common Paediatric & Adolescent Knee Problems (Dr L Ashberg)
- The What, When & How of Spinal Surgery (Dr D Walsh)
- The SIJ: Manual Therapy & Rehab (Dr I Diener)
- The Active Pelvis (Corina Avni)
- Ankle rehab (Helen Simpson)
About Cathrine George Physiotherapist
Cathrine graduated with BSc. Physiotherapy at The University of the Witwatersrand in 2004. She completed her community service in Johannesburg and then practised for a year at a private hospital- based practice, gaining experience in ICU, bone marrow units and Orthopaedics.
She then moved to the UK , initially locuming and then going on to manage the physiotherapy department of a private hospital in Scotland for 3 years, which included medical, surgical, orthopaedic and sports injuries.
Returning to Johannesburg in 2010 she worked at a multi-disciplinary practice, focusing on orthopaedic and sports injuries. During this time she furthered her studies and completed her OMT (Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy post-grad ) course in 2011.
Cathrine manages all orthopaedic, back and sports injuries- with particular interest in lower limb injuries.
Cathrine is a keen runner, completing numerous 21km and a few 42km marathons. She also enjoys swimming.
Cathrine is a registered member of the South African Society of Physiotherapy (SASP), the Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA), and the Orthopaedic Manipulative Physiotherapy Group (OMPTG).
Courses and lectures attended over the years:
- Physiball Movement & Learning Workshop: A Gross Motor & Movement Intervention
- Keeping Kids in the Game for Life- developing sporty kids: Physifit Injury Prevention in Schools
- Modern Clinical Pilates Level One – Motor Control (Debbie Creamer)
- 3D Lower Quarter Biomechanics (Arnold Vlok)
- The Discovery Wellness Network Course
- Lyno Method Unit 1 (Benita De Witt)
- Post Natal Care - You & Your Baby (Samantha Dancer, Tessa Loftus, Kirsty Williams, Corina Avni)
- Business Intelligence and Practice Management (Wilma Erasmus)
- OMT - Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy (various lecturers)
- The Shoulder Theory & Practice (Dr Jeremy Lewis)
- The Combined Approach to the Sacroiliac Joint (Howard Turner) Newcastle, UK
- Ultimate Knee Rehabilitation (Nicholas Clark) Newcastle, UK
- “Pulling Out all the Stops” Scottish Physio First Conference 2008
- The Introduction to Vestibular Rehabilitation (Jane Harrison & Sally Winterburn) Edinburgh, UK
- The Upper Quarter (Tanya Bell-Jenje)
- The Sporting Shoulder (Alfio Albasini)
- The Lower Quarter (Tanya Bell-Jenje)
- Cervicogenic Headaches (Dr Ina Diener)
- Dry Needling (Bruce Barker)
- OMT - Upper Limb Referred Pain
- Spinal Cord Management Workshop
- Current concepts with Shoulder Instability & Distal Radial Fractures (Dr Rob Dachs)
- SPT1 Evening Lecture: Positive Sports Parenting
- Masterclass Lecture ( Kim Buchholtz & Wendy Holliday)
- Prevention of injuries & medical complications in endurance athletes: “Lessons learnt from The Two Oceans Marathon” (Prof Martin Schwellnus, Prof Wayne Derman)
- Introduction to Dynamic Taping
- The TMJ - manual therapy & rehabilitation (Kerry Grierson)
- The Dancer's Knee (Dr Leith Stewart, Kim Murphy, Elize Van Zyl, Christy Johnson)
- Ethics (Anita Erens)
- Dynaso Workshop - Renee Watson Pilates Studio (Russell Cummings)
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament & Posterolateral Corner Reconstruction Knee Workshop –live surgery (Dr Glen Vardi)
- Rotator Cuff Panel Discussion (Dr C Breckon, Dr N Cable, Dr M Ferguson, Joanne Sklaar, Debbie Davidson, David Leicher, Jo-Dee Pryce)
- Common pitfalls in musculoskeletal/tendonous sports injuries (Dr Shaheen Abraham)
- MRI Interpretation (Dr Mark Vellerman)
- Pain Management (Prof. Helgard Meyer)
- Swimming Injuries & Biomechanics (Dr Philda De Jager)
- The Shoulder Complex: Clinical Pearls for Assessment & Rehabilitation (Jo-Dee Pryce)
- Pharmacology of drugs used for Musculoskeletal Disorders (Dr George Muntingh)
- Medical Ethics Part 1 & 2 (home study)
- Manual Handling, CPR Training
- Posturite Talk, Sports Optometry, Pilates Basics, Podiatry Patient Demonstration, Protecting Vulnerable Adults, Manual Handling, CPR Training
- Red Flags- Serious Spinal Pathology
- Discogenic Low Back Pain, Ankle & Foot, Elbow: how to diagnose and treat, Anterior Knee Pain
Not finding what you are searching for – leave us a message below and we’ll be in touch soon: